The .edu.ng domains are closed domains. This means that is strictly for a chosen industry/group.
To register a .edu.ng, you must provide the following documentation:
- The school must be a tertiary institution i.e ( university, polytechnics).
- The school must provide their certificate of accreditation from NUC.
- The school must provide a letter of authorization, authorizing you to register the domain name on their behalf.
- The school must also provide the contact details of a senior staff to act as the contact for the domain.
All these details could be scanned and sent by email to us.
To register a .gov.ng, you would have to send a scanned letter on the letterhead of the ministry or state government parastatal that plans to register the domain name to email@example.com.
The letter must be addressed to NIRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association) and contain the domain name to be registered and the name of the person authorized by the agency to register the domain.
This authorized person must be working at the ministry and the following details should be stated in the letter
- Full name of the authorized person
- Email address
- Phone number
- Contact address
Once this has been sent, your request would be veted and NITDA would proceed to confirm that your request is genuine. It should take about 2 week for your domain to be registered and activated.
Do note however that you may only register a .gov.ng domain name at the fourth level of the state, (e.g. watercorporation.os.gov.ng) as this is an instruction enforced by NITDA.